Do you have stress dealing with dirt in your home? You may have challenges dealing with mud, pollen, dried grass and greasy film. With the best electric pressure washer for home use, such tough cleaning tasks are made simple. You can also remove blistered or flaking paint. You may have an idea of how much power and the size of pressure washer you need to handle dirt in your home, but lack the specific details.
Hot water, cold water, wall mounted and handheld washers are the four types of electric pressure washers. Handheld pressure electric washers feature reliable motors and portable, but don’t have high pressure to handle large tasks. If you need to handle large cleaning tasks at home opt for a cold or hot pressure washer since they offer about 2000 PSI. Cold electric pressure washers are perfect for daily use. You don’t require wall mounted electric pressure washer since they are meant for commercial purposes.
These factors will give you more details on the best electric pressure washer for home use.
The task that you want to handle should lead you to determine the right choice. For home use, you require a relatively small pressure washer. Although, you may choose a light-commercial pressure washer if you handle many large tasks. At home, you will be handling your car, grills, plastic play sets, outdoor furniture, patios and small decks.
The pressure produced by a certain pressure washer is directly proportional to the power intake. Most electric pressure washers for home use offer between 1300 – 3000 psi. You should choose a pressure washer with relatively high pressure, but not a very high pressure like in commercial model.
- Automatic shut off switch. This feature turns the heat source off in case there is a water shortage.
- Trigger gun. A great pressure washer for home use should have a trigger gun as it lets you have full control over the water jet.
- A pressure washer that has a thermostat gives you control over the water temperature. This feature is very handy if you are using both cold and hot water within the same electric pressure washer.
- Float tank. A float tank ensures you don’t contaminate the water source and thus, helps clean better.
- Ground fault interrupter. At times, you can have the electric pressure washer grounded to prevent electrocuting yourself from unexpected power spikes.
- Safety valve. The valve allows you to shut off the water supply to the electric pressure washer from the heater during ruptures, spills or in the case of an emergency.
When shopping for the best electric pressure washer for your home, look for a compact and lightweight machine. A flexible high-pressure hose is also a vital consideration. Consider the nozzles, hose and power cord.